START NOW Program
- START NOW is an evidence-informed coping skills therapy designed to treat offenders with behavioral disorders and associated behavioral problems.
- START NOW primarily employs a cognitive behavioral and motivational interviewing-focused treatment approach, integrating research, theory and clinical experience within correctional settings.
- START NOW is designed to be practical and cost-effective; materials include a clear facilitator's manual, participant workbooks and practice exercises written at a fifth grade reading level, training materials, quality assurance procedures and forms, and measures of participant progress.
- The intervention offers thirty-two sessions in four units: 1) basic foundational skills; 2) coping with emotions; 3) interpersonal skills; and 4) future-focused skills.
- START NOW is provided at multiple correctional facilities within and outside of Connecticut, as well as internationally. Initial clinical response has been favorable, and START NOW is involved in ongoing outcome evaluation.
Interested in Additional Materials?
Complete the required fields (*) below for access to detailed program information.
Start Now logo by Bob Cortellino Design.